Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Bump Update: Week 38

Week: 38
Baby Size: Gallon of Ice Cream
Pregnancy Side Effects: Oh man.. They are just piling on... Pretty much all of the typical side effects - Unable to get comfortable and sleep, upset stomach, headaches, Braxton hicks contractions, dizziness, swelling, harder to breath depending on her position, heartburn, (seriously could just go forever...)
Bump Status: Low, Hard, and still moving and rolling around like crazy!





Currently...
Eating: My favorite snacks are ChexMix, Symphony Bar, Carrots
Craving: Chocolate
Drinking: Water, Gatorade
Wearing: Shorts and Tank Tops
Feeling: Good overall still, even with all the extra symptoms, Im still able to be mobile, I have no health risks or restrictions, so Im really grateful for that.
Weather: Its in the triple digits now!
Wanting: Quinn to make her arrival!
Thinking: About each Braxton hicks contraction and wondering if its the real deal...
Enjoying: Working from home... Wow.. What a blessing!
Missing: Sleeping.... Medicines for simple things like a stuffy nose (during entire pregnancy), headaches, etc.
Doing: A lot of relaxing, and still some nesting spurts.. lol
Looking Forward To: Maternity Leave and spending all the time with Quinn and her Daddy!


Oh what mixed feelings I have about being 38 weeks and counting! Im so incredibly happy and thankful that Ive made it this far! I worried about getting pre-eclampsia again, and that causing an earlier labor, or just complications in general. I expected (naively/wishful/selfish thinking) to have Quinn come on her own around 36/37 weeks.. Now we are coming up on 39 weeks and shes showing no eagerness of making an early arrival. Im so happy that shes so good and content.. I love feeling her move and just having that constant reassurance that shes good and always with me. I LOVE that. Im scared of all the things that could happen with her birth, so knowing shes so content right now is really so comforting. However, Im not sure how much more I can grow, and how much worse all these symptoms can get! Oh how my heart goes out to all the overdue mommas out there... Whew! Most days are okay, but some times.... Its just really rough. I feel so much more anxious too just wondering if every single day will be "the day". I try to think of other things but then shell kick me or something will hurt and its like every part of my day is already just completely consumed by her, so of course its all I can think about! Either way, we have a little over a week or so to go, and Im just incredibly excited to meet our little miracle!


I wonder how the day will play











2 comments:

  1. I have been away from blogging but I was so amazing and excited to see where you are now. I know you are counting all the blessings and I can't wait to see pictures of your baby girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cm hospital will let you to be aware as well cautious during pregnancy with the optimal and the life style which would be better in order to carry yourself
    Gynecologist In Adambakkam gives you best suggestion to provide you the safer pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete