Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Bump Update: 30 Weeks

Week: 30
Baby Size: Butternut Squash
Pregnancy Side Effects: Exhaustion
Bump Status: Big and round! My belly button is sticking out now too!




Currently...
Eating: Whatever I can. Similar to my pregnancy with Liam, I don't get to experience the full on binge pregnancy eating because I get full SO fast. But I do have quite an appetite!
Craving: Otter Pops, Good & Plentys, Ranch Dressing, & Café Rio.
Drinking: Water, Juicy Juice
Wearing: Tank Tops, Maternity Bottoms, and whatever shorts I find that still fit.
Feeling:  Really, really happy lately.
Weather: Warmer with a recent wind storm.
Wanting: Longer Weekends.
Thinking: About the exciting two months that are coming!
Enjoying: The warmer weather outside and all the festivities this month!
Missing: Sleeping on my stomach, and being able to twist around to pop my back.
Doing: Gardening, Some light workouts, Quilting, and Baby Shower planning!
Looking Forward To: Everything that April and May has in store for us!




Recently Quinn's movements have been so strong and purposeful. They don't feel like sporadic jerks and kicks as much anymore, but instead like she's on a mission to move to a certain spot or get comfortable. The other day she continued to stick herself out so I would rub my stomach where she was sticking out and every time I would stop, she would stick herself out more as if in response to my stopping. It was adorable. Its hard for me to get Justin to feel her big moves and rolls lately because she usually stops when he starts to feel (which is funny because I can have my hand on my stomach the whole time and she just keeps going... ). The other night we were watching TV surrounded by our family and she was moving around so much, Justin got to feel so much of it! Then just after she had the hiccups and he got to feel that too! I cant even describe these moments. We had them with Liam too, but they were different. I remember his movements being different. This time its just so different. I'm not as anxious for her birth, instead I'm just really enjoying and soaking up every day of this pregnancy. After the journey it took to get this far, knowing that no other pregnancy is ever guaranteed, its just so precious to me. I remember sitting on the couch with Justin's hand on my stomach just smiling like an idiot for so long... Just excited for him to feel what I walk around feeling all throughout the day. And to see the joy on his face too.. Its indescribable. I could live that every day.
We have been really, really happy recently. We had a heart to heart conversation about it, just the difference in how easily we laugh now, and how often. In general just a lighter happier feeling is in our home and just around us in general. It made me sad at first to acknowledge how dark things were for so long even through our best and positive efforts. I'm just so really really happy to be in such a happier place.

No comments:

Post a Comment