Thursday, December 10, 2015

Our Stims Experience and Update!

Hello!


Stim update - We began stims on December 1st. We were prescribed Gonal F, Menopur, Cetrotide, Pregnyl, Zithromax, and Fluconazole. I know when I was getting ready to start and in the process I was so curious to compare with others. I really appreciated those that opened their lives and shared their progress. It was so nice to hear others thoughts and experiences. Here's a little breakdown of our progress.
 
Blood Tests and Ultrasounds
Baseline Tests (Day 1 prior to injections)
  • Estradiol - 55.30
  • Follicular Ultra Sound - 3 Follicles on Left Ovary, 3 Follicles on Right Ovary.
 
12/4 Tests (Stim Day 4)
  • Estradiol -  837.3
  • Follicular Ultra Sound - 5 Follicles on Left Ovary, 10+ Follicles on Right Ovary.
 
12/7 Tests (Stim Day 7)
  • Estradiol -  2710
  • Follicular Ultra Sound - 6 Follicles on Left Ovary, 10+ Follicles on Right Ovary.
 
12/9 Tests (Stim Day 9)
  • Estradiol -  2664
  • Follicular Ultra Sound - 9 Follicles on Left Ovary, 10+ Follicles on Right Ovary.
 
Stims  Process
Stims Day 1 - 3
  • Gonal F 175 & Menopur Vile
     
Stims Day 4 - 6
  • Gonal F 100 & Menopur Vile
     
Stims Day 7 - 8
  • Gonal F 100, Menopur, Cetrotite
     
Stims Day 9
  • Trigger Shot Pregnyl
     
Stims Day 10
  • No Shots!  Oral Pills Zithromax, and Fluconazole.
     
Day 11
  • Retrieval Day!
The first night starting injections I felt very hot and almost dizzy afterwards. I'm pretty sure this was from me building up so much anxiousness about it. I could feel movement that almost felt like bubbles in my lower stomach. I may have just been over analyzing everything, but I swear I could feel bubbles! The Menopur BURNS, but its short lived. The Gonal F was easy and pain free. I those my legs for the injection site, and iced the area for 10-15 minutes prior to having my husband injecting them. When the Cetrotite was added I was afraid that the longer needle (3/4 vs the 1/2 I was used to) would hurt more. It was effortless and pain free too. At least it didn't burn! Doing all three in a night wasn't awful either. On the third day I started to feel pressure and bloating. I didn't gain any weight but I could feel the difference in my stomach. On day 6-8 it was on and off pressure and bloating. I was careful when sitting down because the pressure became so much. It wasn't painful, I was just overly cautious. The day of the trigger shot I was SO worried. The Pregnyl shot needle was almost 3 inches long - AND had to be injected in the rear! EEKeeekkkk! Again, all the fear and anticipation for nothing, it was no more painful than the others and didn't burn at all. It hurt the next day feeling extremely bruised, but it was easy. :)


So far I'm so thankful that I have responded so well to everything. I'm so happy that the injections weren't torturous and that my husband is sweet and supportive enough to be gentle about it all! I'm glad that I didn't turn into some raging hormonal nutcase either! I was actually extra happy during most of this time. I'm really excited about retrieval but not looking forward to being back to just waiting. I feel so helpless and down when there's nothing I can do to work towards our future little potential children. I will be looking forward to a break in the process to just relax, but after about a day Ill be back to anxiousness. Hopefully the holidays will be a great distraction while we visit with our families and loved ones.


Hoping, wishing and praying for many, MANY healthy quality IIAC free eggs!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing such an inspiring true life story. I would love to share your story with my friends. I am happy for you.

    ReplyDelete